Homemade chocolate chip cookies are my FAVORITE! I cannot believe it has taken me this long to make these honey chocolate chip cookies, however, there is no going back now! I am with Nude Bee Honey again showing that you don't need refined sugar in this classic recipe!
This is a sponsored post. I was fortunate enough to receive products and/or monetary compensation from Nude Bee Honey Co. Though products were received, all opinions are my own and I would not recommend a product that I did not enjoy!
I cannot believe I have not thought of this idea sooner!
Homemade chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorite! Warm, fresh from the oven... I cannot think of a better dessert 🙂
Most cookie recipes use granulated sugar or brown sugar. And that is totally fine! But I like changing things up, especially when it comes to Nude Bee Honey 😉
Say hello to these honey chocolate chip cookies!
No other sugars are in this recipe, making honey the true star! I know my pictures showcase Nude Bee Honey's Pumpkin Honey, but I actually used up the rest of my Blueberry Honey. Didn't have another bottle on hand but I really like showing off their bottles (they are gorgeous and stand out!)
Going about testing these cookies was a DELICIOUS experience! I really thought there would be more to it than just substituting the sugars for honey & adjusting some flour, but turns out, my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe is just that amazing! Jokes aside, I do find my soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies really adaptable and I am so happy these honey chocolate chip cookies exist!
The texture is a bit different. More cake-like, which I am okay with it! But they still have that crunch, met with a soft centre. If anything, they hold up better than my regular chocolate chip cookies (still super moist after 3 days!)
This may be my last Nude Bee Honey recipe for the year, so I want to take the time to nudge you toward their gift box collections. They make for great Christmas gifts! I'm all about food for the holidays, whether receiving or giving. It has gotten to the point where my sister receives homemade food treats in her stocking from me by request (looking at you spicy glazed pecans!)
And you know what is even better?! Gifting some of Nude Bee Honey's jars ALONG WITH these honey chocolate chip cookies 🙂 Just saying!
Honey Chocolate Chip Cookies (No Refined Sugar)
No going back now! These honey chocolate chip cookies are perfect any day of the year, but I think they make for a great Christmas gift!
- ½ cup Nude Bee Honey
- 1 cup butter, softened (room temperature not microwaved!!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda (please use a fresh box to ensure a fluffy cookie!)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and honey. Beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Pour in egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- Measure out one tablespoon-sized portions and roll into balls. Continue doing this until no dough remains. Place tray in refrigerator and allow to sit for 10 minutes minimum.
- Bake 12 cookies at a time, spread evenly apart, for about 10-11 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray before moving to a cooling rack.
If you do not use fresh baking soda, you will notice a difference when it comes to thickness of the cookies.
I use a cookie scoop that is exactly one tablespoon in measurement as the cookie dough can be a tad sticky!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
I would like to use vegetable oil in lieu of the butter. Do you think this substitution would work with your honey chocolate chip cookie recipe? If so, what amount of oil could be used?