Easter has come and gone, but a ton of food remains! Try this leftover ham pizza to curb your appetite for something new!
Hi everyone! This recipe was originally seen over at The Weary Chef and I encourage you to hop on over to check out Andi’s awesome recipes!
After the holidays we often see a ton of leftover food. It is no wonder seeing as everyone brings something to the table (and prepares a dinner-sized portion of each item!) In our family it is not uncommon to see a lot of ham hanging around. It is a cheap, versatile meat that speaks to many. Personally, ham is great in split pea soup, but we wanted to take it a step further this time around. Seeing as I do not eat meat myself, it was only my husband and daughter trying to devour a 6.5 lb ham to themselves. What was I to do with the herb crusted ham in the slow cooker after so many days of eating the same meal?! Well, my friends, say hello to this easy, leftover ham pizza!
I prefer making everything homemade (which includes the sauce and dough,) but I know many do not have the time for that. That’s why this recipe is so awesome! Store-bought pizza sauce and pizza dough work perfectly here, and all that is left for you to do is slice up your ham, a large onion, and some mozzarella cheese! Talk about quick and easy!
You can easily get creative with your toppings. While our leftover ham pizza only contained onions, I think a mix of bright peppers and mushrooms would work perfectly here. Basically when I make pizza, I like to clean out my fridge with any veggies that are needing to be used up 🙂 Who doesn’t love a new way to use up leftovers?! Oh! If you decide to go with store-bought dough to save time, remember to follow their instructions accordingly (but it really shouldn’t be too different than what I have listed.) I would love to have a pizza stone on hand, but my pizza pan works perfectly for our pizza nights 🙂
This leftover ham pizza can be made using store-bought ingredients, but just remember to adjust cooking time accordingly to your dough's instructions!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups of chopped, leftover ham
- 1 store-bought pizza dough OR 1 batch of homemade pizza dough
- 1 store-bought bottle or jar of pizza sauce OR 1 batch of homemade herb pizza sauce
- 1 (240 g) ball of mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 475F. Lightly dust your counter-top in flour. Using a rolling pin, roll out your pizza dough until desired size and thickness is reached. Carefully transfer to pizza pan and adjust accordingly.
- Spread your sauce to about 1-inch from the edge of the pizza dough. That uncovered part will be your crust. Evenly spread out the ham and onion. Finish off with mozzarella cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until mozzarella cheese is nicely browned and crust is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting!