A recipe that utilizes leftovers and transforms a classic recipe?! These eggs Benedict over potato pancakes are part of my continued brand ambassadorship with The Little Potato Company!
I am so excited for today's post!
Much like my french onion soup with potatoes, today's recipe takes a classic recipe and makes it modern. I know not everyone cares for modernizing old recipes, but I am all over it! I love food, and flavor, and what better than taking a meal you love to the next level?! Eggs Benedict is a staple here, but eggs Benedict over potato pancakes?! Well, my husband, much like the french onion soup with potatoes recipe, has stated he prefers this version over the original! I AM AWESOME! Haha 🙂
Let's state all the things I love about this recipe:
- The recipe is completely gluten-free, especially if you go the homemade hollandaise sauce route. Otherwise, I suggest checking your packaged sauce. All other recipes for potato pancakes mix in flour and eggs, but I just molded together ordinary mashed potatoes and had no issues.
- You use up leftovers! That's right, those potato pancakes are just leftover mashed potatoes. I boiled up a bag of The Little Potato Company's Blushing Belle varietal and prepared them how I like my mashed potatoes. I then took their leftovers and created the patties!
- So simple! Yes, a little bit of work molding the patties as opposed to using English muffins, but hey, healthier and sooooo tasty!
The list goes on! I was so happy with how these eggs Benedict over potato pancakes turned out! I think I ate 4... So worth it! Like any eggs Benedict, you can customize your toppings as you see fit. At our local breakfast restaurant they have some really awesome ideas, and I cannot wait to bring them to the blog. Until then, we can enjoy these!
Eggs Benedict over Potato Pancakes
A fun and creative way to eat breakfast!
- 1.5 lb bag of Little Potato Company's Blushing Belle varietal (or any you desire!)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package of store-bought hollandaise sauce, prepared as directed OR 1 batch of homemade hollandaise sauce.
- 8-10 eggs, prepared for poaching
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- Any meats or veggies that you would like to add to your eggs Benedict 🙂
- Butter for greasing pan.
- Bring a large pot of salted water and potatoes to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until soft enough where they can be easily mashed. Drain completely. Add in butter, milk, salt, and pepper and mash until desired consistency is reached.
- Measure out ¼ cup portions of potatoes and form into patties. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add some butter and fry potato patties until both sides are nicely browned (about 5-7 minutes total.) Store on a plate.
- Place potato patties onto plates. Garnish with any meats or veggies you like. Poach eggs and top onto patties. Finish with hollandaise sauce and chives.
- Serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 393mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g
Another perk to using Creamer potatoes: no need to remove the skins! That's right. The skin is so thin that you won't even notice it is there. I used to always remove the skins for my mashed potatoes, but it was actually my brother who said why bother? It adds nutritional value and honestly, I am one of those weirdos who really loves skins on my potatoes 🙂
This is a sponsored post. I was fortunate enough to receive products and monetary compensation from The Little Potato Company. Though products were received, all opinions are my own and I would not recommend a product that I did not enjoy.
Love these eggs Benedict over potato pancakes?! Try some of these recipes:
French Onion Soup with Potatoes
My whole family loves the Little Potato Company potatoes! I am excited to try the BBQ Potatoes for the grill. I usually just make the microwave ones. These eggs of potato pancakes sound fabulous!
I love the BBQ ones! Perfect for the summer 🙂
Justine | Cooking and Beer
Ahhhh, I LOVE eggs benedict. The idea of serving them on potato pancakes is genius!
My husband cannot go back to English muffins 🙂
I would try the Little Potatoes – Dynamic Duo. Thank you!
Meg @ With Salt and Wit
You made the best looking Eggs Benedict I have seen!
Ahhh!! Thank you, Meg!
Chava of Almost Kosher
A wonderful idea! I use leftover mashed potatoes to make a "lazy latke"--I'll have to try this as well. Another idea to save calories or for gluten-free eaters is to serve your egg on a grilled portobello.
Love the idea of a portobello mushroom (I am so trying this!)
I would get the fingerlings if all of the varieties were available in my area, other wise I would get the little reds, which I do know are available.
Fingerling are definitely my favourite 🙂
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet
Awesome, LOVE the idea of serving these over potato pancakes!
Such a nice change!
Cathy | Lemon Tree Dwelling
I want THIS for breakfast! Love this combo!
I always like yellow best - so little yellows would be my choice.
savory herb potatoes
Katerina @ Diethood
Perfect idea for leftovers!! That's one epic breakfast!
i would like to try the blue potatoes terrific trio
I think I would love to try their red potatoes first! The Blushing Belles. Probably because they are my favorite tasting potatoes and you can make a ton of recipes with them!
I think I would love to try the microwave ones (Savory Herb) or even the bbq ones. These would be great at the trailer.
I'd love to first try the Red Potato – Blushing Belle
I want to try the Roasted Potatoes – Onion Medley first.
I would first try the Fingerling Potatoes.
The slow cooker Turkey and Potatoes, sounds good.
I have yet to try the Purple Potatoes-Chilean Splash. Love the microwave ones.
I would first like to try the blue potatoes.
I like serving fingerling potatoes. They have a fun quality.
I'd love to try the fingerling potatoes!
I would like the Yellow Potato – Baby Boomer.
Those Fingerling potatoes looks very interesting and yummy!
I'd try the Blue Potato-Terrific Trio! Sounds interesting.
Fingerlings sound good
I think we would like the savory herb potatoes
I would get the Blue Potatoes – Terrific Trio 🙂 They are SO good.
The potato pancake looks great
I would try the little yellow potatoes first.
I would really like to try the Purple Potatoes (Chilean Splash). Thanks!
I would like to try the Red Potato – Blushing Belle.
I would try the Yellow Potato - Baby Boomer.
I would try the yellow potatoes-little yellows
I would love the Red Blushing Belle potatoes!
Because I've never tried Fingerling Potatoes, that's the first variety I'd choose.
Lori @ RecipeGirl
Delicious recipe- I love little potatoes!
I'd like to try the Fingerling Potatoes
I would like to try their blue potatoes in the Terrific Trio package.
Sarah De Diego
The garlic and herbs would be a hit will everyone in my family --> http://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/products/garlic-herb/
Journeys of The Zoo
I don't know how you thought of this but it's awesome!
Aww, thank you so much! I just love Eggs Benedict and potatoes 😉