You may not want to use the oven for these roasted pear mojitos in this heat, but the grill is a great substitute!
After a week of an extreme heat warning, we finally have some cooler weather!
And then it goes back up again...
Which I am FINE with! I could swim all day, every day, and the weather can be as hot as it wants!
However, building a deck in this heat... Not so fun.
But we are sooooo close to completion and while most of our days are spent keeping hydrated with water, when the evening hits, we want a treat! That's where these roasted pear mojitos come into play!
The AC does allow me to use the oven, but if you are really trying to keep the house cool, I recommend grilling your pears. Roasting any vegetable (and some fruit!) is my go-to method, but grilling is such an appeal during these hot months.
Originally I was not happy with these pictures. With how clear mojitos appear, I should have used a darker background. They just don't stand out like I want! But I assure you, they are mighty delicious and I bought more pears to make them again (so don't be surprised if I update a few pics!)
As my photography and Lightroom skills improve, I always find faults in my old pictures. Sometimes I am too hard on myself, but I must say, coming back to edit these roasted pear mojitos again made such a difference! Sometimes you just need to walk away from the computer for a few days and come back with new eyes 😉
Tomorrow will bring another drink recipe because who doesn't love summer drinks?!
Roasted Pear Mojitos (Grill-Approved!)
Cool and refreshing, these roasted pear mojitos can also be made on the grill!
- 2 large fresh pears, cored and sliced roughly ¼ inch thick (I used a mix of red pear and Bartlett)
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup white rum (omit for alcohol-free recipe)
- 1 bunch (30 grams) mint leaves, removed from stems
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges
- 3 cups club soda
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place pears into a baking dish in a single layer. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through (no need to oil or butter!) Or until browned to your liking! Set aside.
- Add limes and mint to a large pitcher. Using a muddler, crush limes until all juices have been released. Stir in pear (reserving some for garnish) and muddle some more.
- Pour in simple syrup, club soda, and rum. Mix until combined.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses with pear slices if desired!
Simple syrup is made using a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved (do not boil!) Cool and use.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 5gSugar: 49gProtein: 1g
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas from Hungry Hobby
Thai Sweet Chili Ribs from The Midnight Baker
Love these roasted pear mojitos?! Try some of these recipes:
Pear Pancakes with Grape Sauce
Leave a Reply