Side dishes usually get the shaft when it comes to dinner, but rest assure, these easy and basic roasted potatoes are anything but dull. So flavorful and crispy!
Last week I posted my recipe for an awesome honey-glazed pork tenderloin, and knew I would get around to finally writing about these easy and basic roasted potatoes! Such a fun side dish that rewards great flavor!
These basic roasted potatoes are easy, delicious, and contain ingredients you should have on hand. You can change up the seasonings to suit any needs and occasion. Plus, substitute in sweet potato with some pumpkin spice and you have a new meal entirely!
- 2 lbs potatoes, washed and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil (or oil of your choosing)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up if desired..
- Add dry potatoes to the pan. Drizzle with oil and seasonings. Toss until well combined.
- Place into oven and roast for 15 minutes. Toss potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 552Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 628mgCarbohydrates: 97gFiber: 11gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
A perfect side dish that is hassle free. I tend to prep them while my main course is cooking, and while the meat is resting, I will throw these guys into the oven for the 30 minutes. Gives me time to finish everything around the kitchen (hint hint, it may be dishes...)
I have been wanting to make my own infused cooking oils. This recipe would be awesome to try different flavors such as herb-infused olive oil or perhaps lemon-infused oil.