Bring on ALL the mojitos! These blood orange mojitos are one of my favourite creations yet (I know, I say that all the time!) Perfect for your summer BBQ get together, or relaxation time by the pool 😉
How was your Mother’s Day?
I received my few “demands” 😉
A giant vegetarian poutine with extra cheese curds and extra gravy, weighed in at ___ pounds! #nomnomnom
Because of this wonderful gift, I did not need to cook! Yay!!
But we are back to another work week, and I’m trying my hardest to have all my summer recipes not only lined up, but partially written up.
I do believe it has been coming along nicely, and while I wanted to share these blood orange mojitos with you in the summer, I realized that with the warmer temperatures out there right now, mojitos are perfect any time!
And my pool is scheduled to open this Wednesday!!!! Ahhhhh!
As the warmer weather hits, my desire to cook elaborate meals diminishes. We have been eating lots of homemade sandwiches and subs because even with all the work we are doing outside, our appetites are not as strong as they were during the winter.
Speaking of outdoor work, we finally have GRASS!! Yes, no more hilly, dirt lawn. Mind you our neighbours understood, and I would prefer to have the backyard landscaping done before we put sod in the front, but we know the backyard is going to take a long time.
Just means that we can drink these blood orange mojitos after working hard all day and then jump into the pool! Life is good 😉
These blood orange mojitos are the perfect way to get your citrus in! Beautiful colours and tasty!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 large blood orange, sliced into wedges + more for garnish if desired
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup white rum (omit for alcohol-free recipe)
- 1 bunch (30 grams) mint leaves, removed from stems
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges
- 3 cups club soda
- Add limes and mint to a large pitcher. Using a muddler, crush limes until all juices have been released. Stir in blood orange wedges and muddle some more.
- Pour in simple syrup, club soda, and rum. Mix until combined.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses with blood orange wedges if desired!
Simple syrup is made using a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved (do not boil!) Cool and use.
Need more mojitos ideas?! Here are my recommendations:
Peach Prosecco Mojitos from Melanie Makes
Guava Mojitos from Smart Little Cookie