As I have stated before, my go-to appetizer is stuffed jalapenos! It is no wonder that these pizza stuffed jalapenos came out with great success!
Photos and recipe were updated as of December 31, 2015!
Having made jalapeno poppers so often since I first stumbled across the idea at Forgiving Martha, I knew eventually I wanted to create some awesome “twisted” stuffed jalapeno recipes. I modified the original recipe to include fresh garlic and mushrooms, but this time I wanted to take them a step further. Say hello to pizza stuffed jalapenos!
All the deliciousness of your typical stuffed jalapeno, except with the flavours and awesomeness of pizza. I couldn’t try these pizza stuffed jalapenos myself, but they were gobbled up by the boys in no time. I also like how the added vegetables helps create more filling, allowing for more jalapenos to be made without all the extra cream cheese. You can add more veggies if you like, but be careful not to over-pack them as the filling may become watery.
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 15 jumbo-sized jalapenos, halved and seeded.
- 2 (250 g each) bricks of cream cheese, room termpature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 20 pepperoni slices, diced (or more depending on size.) + more for topping!
- 1/2 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Add the cream cheese and spices to a mixing bowl. Work the spices into the cream cheese, trying to evenly blend it. Mix in the cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup sauce. Gently stir in the green pepper, tomatoes, and pepperoni.
- Using your hands, mold the cheese mixture into each jalapeno half. Drizzle a bit of jalapeno onto each popper. Cover with a slice or two of pepperoni if desired.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until jalapeno is no longer crunchy.
Omit the pepperoni to create vegetarian pizza stuffed jalapenos. I am not sure tofu would work too well in these, but you never know!
If you can only find small jalapenos, think about buying 30-40 jalapenos to be able to use up all the filling. We happened upon jumbo jalapenos and I think they worked perfectly with the pizza theme. These pizza stuffed jalapenos would be ideal for a Super Bowl party (or any party in general, but definitely big enough for some hungry men!) You will please many, and if your family is anything like mine, there will be no leftovers to take home!