As I said before, I am trying to revisit some of my previous posts to tweak up the recipes and also see about sprucing up my old photos. I cannot complain because I love the recipes I post here; but some of my earlier work (photographs) looked dated and plain embarrassing!
My Milestones Bellini Copy Cat has been a recipe that I have indulged in many times. It is tasty, delicious, and pretty easy if you have a blender. The problem I saw with this recipe was the texture issue. The taste was there, but I could not get that slushy-smooth quality about the drink in my blender. It was more like a crunchy ice texture. But it made do, and I pushed that issue aside. Until I got my ice cream maker and saw that you could make slushies in it... Ding ding! Bells were ringing in my head and I knew immediately what I was going to do.
I am happy to report that the Cuisinart ICE-30BCC Pure Indulgence(TM) Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker makes the perfect Milestones Bellini! My husband and I basically watched the machine make the Bellinis the entire time because we found it so fascinating. The texture was perfect! We couldn't have asked for anything better than what we were presented with. So now, not only do I have an ice cream machine, but a Bellini machine was well.
Milestone's Bellini Revisited
A copycat recipe of Milestones Restaurant's famous Peach Bellini!
- 4 cups 7-Up soda
- 4 tbsp. peach crystals
- 3 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces champagne
- Mix together the 7-Up with the peach crystals. Be careful as the peach crystals will cause the pop to rise up and foam (learned the hard way!) Store in a Tupperware or large container and allow to sit in the fridge overnight to chill. *This will cause the mixture to go flat. You can make it that day to avoid this issue, but once you add the champagne, the difference will hardly be noticed.
- Prepare your ice cream machine by following the manufacturer's instructions. For my machine, I placed the frozen ice cream bowl into the machine and attached the arm. Turn the machine on and pour in the 7-Up mixture while the bowl is rotating. Allow the machine to mix for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid turns slushy-like.
- At this point, add in the rum and champagne. The mixture will turn liquid again, but don't worry, continue to mix again until the slushy texture comes back. *Don't add the alcohol into the 7-Up mixture in the fridge, the alcohol will impede the freezing of the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 4 cups and pour the garnish of sangria into each.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 0g
Feel free to up the alcohol contents. I found that this recipe had a fantastic taste that was REALLY similar to Milestones Bellini, but it didn't have that overabundant taste of alcohol. Aka, if you are looking to get a bit tipsy, you may have to up the booze!
1) Place peach crystals into 7-Up.
2) Stir and place in freezer (I use Ziploc bags or Tupperware).
3) When partially frozen or fully frozen, place in blender along with rum and champagne.
4) Blend until smooth consistency.
5) Pour into glass and top with Sangria when ready to drink!
*You could probably cut back on the peach crystals; I do love sugar but this may be a bit too much for some!
I was wondering what ur recipe for the sangria was..im going to try making this this weekend..thx so much!!! Maria O
Hi Maria, I must admit, I cheat when it comes to the Sangria and just buy store-bought! However, I should be posting a recipe in the future (my mother-in-law insists she has found the best recipe ever.)
Hello! Looks delicious. Where do you find peach crystals? What are they? Thank you! Love Milestones Bellinis!
I can only find crystal light peach iced tea crystals, the iced tea color makes the color way off, not the nice yellow color. Do the m&m crystals have the right color? Or are they "iced tea" as well?
The m&m peach crystals are what I used for the photos, and they definitely show the right colour. Have you tried finding no name peach crystals in your juice aisle? (sometimes I find them randomly hidden beside the chocolate drinks/syrups.) M&m's sells iced tea crystals, too, but you want the peach ones.
I was bummed about the color. All i can find here is peach iced tea ones. not just straight up peach. I will have to get my parents to send me some!
i got my boyfriend to buy me this ice cream machine for christmas so i could make these and i’m so happy with it! we added an extra shot of rum 😉 the flavour and texture is so good. i bought my peach crystals at save on foods, dr. oetker brand. thank you for the recipe!
That is AWESOME!! I still need to buy a second bowl for my machine so I can have multiple batches of these Bellinis poolside this summer 😉 Seriously, so happy to hear your success!
Hi, just wondering if substituting the peach crystals for frozen peach slices would give the same taste?
I'm not sure to be honest! The crystals are more concentrated flavour which gives it that peachy taste.