Do I have a fun post today! Not only am I sharing a delicious recipe, which happens to be vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free, but I am giving you a chance to win an awesome product!
As my fellow readers know, I had the chance to try matcha green tea powder and experiment with it in recipes. I came up with a vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free Green Tea Ice Cream that was out of this world! Super easy if you have an ice cream machine (everyone should own one, they are that amazing!) We gobbled it up in no time and even non-vegans were impressed by this recipe (however, you could easily use cream or milk for the base recipe if you aren’t feeling the almond and coconut milk combination.)
I wanted to stay on the same path when it came to creating another delicious recipe using the same product from Kiss Me Organics. A lot of people are about healthy foods these days, and rightfully so. What many don’t realize is that just because it is healthy, doesn’t meant it has to lack flavour or fullness. Trust me when I say, this recipe is very flavourful and will leave your stomach feeling satisfied. My husband began using chia seeds in his homemade “instant” oatmeal in the mornings and we both find the seeds fill us right up! I eat about half the amount of oatmeal now with the added chia seeds.
I know some find chia seeds weird in texture, but not us! We love them in this household, and I hope you find this chia seed pudding both easy and delicious! The perfect recipe to introduce yourself to two new ingredients if you have not had the chance to try chia seeds or matcha green tea powder.
A green tea pudding loaded with power foods like chia seeds and matcha powder!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 medium or large banana, ripe
- 1 small avocado, ripe (I used half of a large avocado)
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract *optional
- 1-2 tbsp. sweetener (sugar, maple syrup, honey) *optional
- 1/4th cup shredded, toasted coconut (I used half sweetened, half unsweetened)
- Fresh raspberries
- Mash banana in a medium bowl until smooth. Add in the avocado and mash until smooth. A blender would also work here but I did not want to make more dishes! Stir in the almond milk. Add in the salt, matcha powder, vanilla, and sweetener (if using.) Mix until combined. Pour in the chia seeds and stir until everything is blended.
- Pour into smaller dishes and cover with plastic wrap. Store in fridge to cool and firm up. You might want to give it a stir here and there for the first hour. Best to allow to sit overnight so the chia seeds can expand, otherwise they will be very crunchy (which I like but others may not.)
- When ready to serve, top with toasted coconut and fresh raspberries!
Awesome combination of flavours, and full of healthy ingredients! I added the avocado for extra benefits, but you could substitute in more banana if avocado sounds a little strange for you in this pudding. Now, both avocados and bananas brown over time (very quickly if you ask me!) If your pudding looks a bit brown, don’t worry, it has not gone bad. Usually with guacamole I will scoop out the top brown layer or just give it a good mix. With this pudding, I stir the contents and the green colour usually shows back up. However, if the mixture looks black or smells funky, it is passed its prime.
I know you are all here for my lovely posts. But I am sure a giveaway where you can win a free product is also enticing! Kiss Me Organics is giving away one free bag of Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder to a lucky winner! It is quite simple. Enter in the raffle below and I will pick the winner randomly at the end of the week. The contest is open Monday, May 26th 2014 until Friday, May 30th 2014 at 11:59 EST time. The winner will be notified and I will send them all the details on how to receive their free product. If for some reason I cannot get a hold of the winner, I will choose another person from the raffle until someone comes forward (I hope it does not get to this point!) If you feel like following my blog, or any of my other social medias found at the top right of my website, that would be greatly appreciated, but it in no way effects your position in this contest. It is a totally random drawing.
The matcha tea giveaway is open to anyone in Canada or the U.S.A with a mailing address in one of these two countries. One entry per household, please. Must be over the age of 18 to participate. Winner will be announced on the following Monday, June 2nd 2014 after the random draw takes place. The winner has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen (so please keep an eye on your inbox between Saturday, May 31st 2014 and Sunday, June 1st 2014!)
Good luck to all the participants and I look forward to emailing the winner! Feel free to mention the giveaway on Facebook by sharing the following link: Share The News About The Cookie Writer’s Organic Matcha Giveaway.
Contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered and congratulation to our winner, Erica C !