Adjust the sugar quantity accordingly! I preferred the recipe as is because it was less sweet until the whipped cream melted in 🙂
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp. sugar (I tend to use 3 tbsp. if I do not have any whipped cream on hand.)
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. boiling water
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Homemade whipped cream, store-bought, or whipped coconut like I used!
- In a small saucepan, add the cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Pour in boiling water and heat over medium, allowing the mixture to come together into a smooth paste, stirring frequently. Add the milk and cream. Stir and raise the heat, bringing it to just before a boil.
- When hot, remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide into two cups and top with whipped cream.