No need to heat your house this summer with these grilled balsamic mushroom-potato kabobs! Completely vegan, gluten-free, and a great way to get your dose of The Little Potato Company with every bite 😉 #CreamerPotatoes
This is a sponsored post. I was fortunate enough to receive products and/or monetary compensation from The Little Potato Company. Though products were received, all opinions are my own and I would not recommend a product that I did not enjoy.
A couple of weeks ago we were experiencing summer-like weather, and then we were brought back to reality as the cooler spring-like temperatures settled in.
Not fun for a family who was spending all day, every day, in the pool!
But come cold or hot days, grilling on the BBQ is always welcome!
Keeping up with the grilling theme, I went with grilled balsamic mushroom-potato kabobs this month.
Fun, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free, you can use any varietal of Creamer potatoes here. Of course, it is hard to pass up these Something Blue varietal, but I highly recommend the Microwave Ready packages. They help pre-cook the potatoes so they take less time on the grill. And with the seasoning provided in the kit, you don't have to stress about flavor!
However, even if you cannot get your hands on the Microwave Ready packages, any of their other varietals will do. If you are really short on time, you can microwave the Little Potatoes until fork tender before putting the kabobs together. I did not pre-cook mine and they still didn't take much longer than 20-25 minutes.
I know many families are all about convenience, and The Little Potato Company has you covered! Creamer potatoes are pre-washed and can be used right out of the bag. Creamer potatoes are also thin-skinned, so no need to peel them! Who would want to mask those beautiful colors anyway?! 🙂
Because convenience is more important than ever, but flavor is still top priority, you can easily turn these grilled balsamic mushroom-potato kabobs into a bowl recipe. There were some leftover potatoes and mushrooms because I did not have anymore skewers. Instead of wasting (which would never happen here!) I made sure to cook the remaining veggies straight on the BBQ, alongside some sausages. Once complete, I served them in a bowl with a drizzle of paprika-sour cream sauce. No mess and less fuss!
So not only is this recipe fun and versatile, it stands behind everything The Little Potato Company stands for: providing your family with healthy and balanced diets while using their nutritious Creamer potatoes. Growing Creamer potatoes is all that they do, so they have to be the best at it 🙂
- 1.5 lbs Little Potato Company's Something Blue varietal
- 1 lb whole button or cremini mushrooms, washed and stems removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and red pepper flakes (if using) into a large mixing bowl.
- Add potatoes and mushrooms and toss until really well coated.
- Marinade for 6 hours, or overnight if preferred (you can also use within an hour, but marinating really makes a difference!)
- Add potatoes and mushrooms to metal skewers until no veggies remain.
- Place kabobs onto a preheated grill at around 375-400F over direct heat.
- Cook, covered, for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are softened to your liking (making sure to rotate every 5-10 minutes so the sides don't get burnt.)
- Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired (vegans can use non-dairy sour cream!)
To speed up cook time, you can microwave the potatoes for about 5 minutes, or until they are fork tender. Then proceed with the recipe as normal, reducing the cook time to 10-15 minutes (or until potatoes and mushrooms are browned.) For a bowl recipe, omit skewering step and cook veggies directly on the grill, rotating often to prevent burning, following the above cook-times depending on cooked or uncooked potatoes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g