Halloween just became fun and easy with these ultimate Reese’s peanut butter cereal squares! The Cookie Writer is working with Reese Peanut Butter Spread today!
Halloween is still a month and a half away, but who can wait for all the goodies?! I have already purchased some neat decorations and my mother-in-law treated me to an awesome candy bowl holder (who is actually currently sitting at our front door but he shall be put away for safe keeping.) That being said, to curb my enthusiasm to put up my Halloween decorations, I have been turning to cooking and baking!
These ultimate Reese’s peanut butter cereal squares are the perfect little treat for Halloween. My daughter had a blast adding some purple food colouring to the marshmallows to make it more eerie, and there were no complaints taste-testing these! They are the definition of Reese overload… Layers of Reese’s products from Reese’s Puffs Cereal, to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and to my new favourite, Reese Peanut Butter Spread! That’s right, all the goodness of peanut butter cups in a spread! I am telling you, this stuff was so easy to work with and only added more flavour to these squares.
This is when I really wished I had some vegetarian marshmallows available! It was so hard to resist these Reese’s peanut butter cereal squares but don’t worry, they did not go to waste. Dan’s coworkers are very lucky people (and let’s be real, I don’t think my daughter needed more than one square of these!) I am a sweets lover and would have no issues gobbling the squares up, but smaller is better in this case. And if you spread out the squares in a smaller container, you will be left with more squares for guests (and more of that purple marshmallow effect.)
Oh! Just a note: These bars are quite gooey because I use a little extra marshmallow. I wanted the purple to really come through, but if you feel that too much marshmallow is settling at the bottom, remove a handful or so from the bag before melting the rest (the gooey-ness appears more Halloween-like to us!)
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 (454 g) bag of marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 cups Reese's Puff's Cereal
- Reese's Mini Pieces chocolate chips
- 6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped
- 1 container of Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
- Food colouring
- Grease an 8x8 inch dish with butter (the size of the pan does not really matter, just be aware that the size of the bars will change depending on what you use.)
- Place a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the butter and wait until it has completely melted and is starting to bubble. Pour in marshmallows and stir continuously until they are melted and smooth. Add the vanilla and purple food colouring, stirring to combine. Pour in the cereal and stir until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the best you can. Using a knife, pour enough peanut butter chocolate spread on top of the cereal and smooth until a nice layer forms (more or less depends on your sweet tolerance!) Finish off by topping with chopped peanut butter cups and Reese's Mini Pieces.
- Allow to set at room temperature for a good couple of hours before slicing and serving (you can put them in the fridge but they may be a bit harder in texture.)
My second Halloween post for the week, and don’t worry, there will be more to come! Halloween is probably one of my favourite holidays because, well, candy! And the idea of spookiness 🙂 My daughter has already gotten into the spirit by watching some scary flicks and requesting Goosebumps books for her birthday. Still haven’t finalized our Halloween costumes though. If a certain small child would stop changing her mind…
This is a sponsored post. I was fortunate enough to receive products and monetary compensation from REESE. Though products were received, all opinions are my own and I would not recommend a product that I did not enjoy.