The holiday season is drawing near, but these roasted Dijon potatoes are perfect for anytime of the year! Today we explore the use of The Little Potato Company‘s Terrific Trio as I continue my brand ambassadorship and host a holiday giveaway!
Over the course of the past month it has been desserts, desserts, and more desserts! I cannot help it! With the holiday season so close, I feel as though December is the month to bake away. However, I have come to realize that people want recipes for their Christmas parties and dinners that are not desserts (I know, I wish we could live in a world of just desserts as well.) Today we are pushing the desserts aside and bringing in some roasted Dijon potatoes! They are the perfect side dish to a holiday meal, but a great meal on their own (and wonderful any time of the year!)
These roasted Dijon potatoes are really easy to make, and can be completed in no time! I cooked my potatoes from their raw form, but if you want to speed up time in the oven, try pre-boiling your potatoes and carrots first (or even use The Little Potato Company’s Microwave Ready packages!) I was in no hurry, but when that wonderful smell began to fill the house, I wondered why I did not pre-boil first! Oh well, patience was well deserved as this dish was DELICIOUS! Something different from my usual route and totally a one-pan meal 🙂
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1.5 lb bag of Creamer potatoes (I used The Little Potato Company's Terrific Trio.)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 6 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp, butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional!)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a large baking sheet.
- Quarter your potatoes (or even smaller cubes to ensure they cook through.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mustard, honey, butter, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add potatoes and carrots and toss to combine. Pour into greased pan and place into the oven for 45-60 minutes, tossing every so often.
- Serve with fresh Parmesan and more thyme if desired!
- *Note: Speed up the cooking time by pre-boiling your carrots and potatoes until fork tender. Drain and toss with sauce ingredients and cook as stated above until nice and golden (20 minutes or so.)
I had the chance to work with The Little Potato Company’s Terrific Trio (the 5 lb bag would be perfect if you want to double or even triple this recipe,) though it was really hard to pass up on those Fingerling potatoes. Don’t worry, I am hoping to use them next month! Any varietal would work here, but you have to admit the colours from this bag sure make the dish stand out! And see?! That purple skin does not fade!
This giveaway will start on December 15, 2015 at 12:00 AM EST. It will run until December 31, 2015, 11:59 PM EST. The prize is one month’s worth of free Little Potatoes from The Little Potato Company! The giveaway is open to residents of Canada and the US. Dig into this giveaway because you know you really want these potatoes! The winner will be notified by email and will have 24-48 hours to respond. If they do not come forward, I will redraw a name. The winner will be announced the week of January 4, 2016! What a fun way to roll into the New Year!
For the holidays, be sure to check out some of my other favourites!
This is a sponsored post. I was fortunate enough to receive products and monetary compensation from The Little Potato Company. Though products were received, all opinions are my own and I would not recommend a product that I did not enjoy.