Leftover pudding comes into play here with these Smarties crepes! The perfect summer dessert (or a special breakfast for the kids!)
A couple of weeks ago I posted all my Mother’s Day recipes and one of the big hits was my homemade vanilla pudding recipe. Riding off the coat tails of its successful, I delved into a homemade birthday cake pudding! It has attracted the attention of many and I wanted to play around with it some more.
With the leftover homemade birthday cake pudding I decided to treat my daughter and make these Smarties crepes! Of course, any pudding will do and it doesn’t have to be homemade either. Adding Smarties was a no-brainer since my daughter has an abundance of Smarties in the pantry!
If you are worried or stressed about making crepes, don’t be! I spoke about my experience with my leftover chocolate buttercream and raspberry crepes. Super easy. My husband was always the crepe maker, but now that I actually made them myself (yeah, I always left the task up to him!) I can no longer pass over the task. Then again, he goes the savoury crepe route where I like the sweet side 😉
Almost no-bake in preparation, these Smarties crepes are the perfect summer dessert as they will not heat up your house! Heck, make the crepe shells a day in advance so you just have to put them together the day of serving.
Use any pudding you like, but rest assure that these crepes are the perfect dessert for summer!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 batch of homemade birthday cake pudding , homemade vanilla pudding , OR store-bought pudding.
- 1 or 2 boxes of Smarties chocolate
- Place eggs into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk until paler in colour, about 2 minutes. Whisk in sugar. Add in 1/4 cup of flour at a time, whisking well between each cup to ensure no lumps form. Combine milk and water and slowly pour into mixing bowl, mixing well as you go. Stir in melted butter and vanilla. Refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat (mine was about 8-inches.) Lightly grease the pan with butter and when nice and hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Swirl the batter so it reaches across all edges. Cook for about 30 seconds, or until golden underneath. Flip and cook until golden. Remove from heat and place onto wax paper.
- Repeat until no batter remains (I greased the pan every second crepe.)
- Spread pudding onto crepe. Sprinkle with some Smarties. Fold and serve with drizzled chocolate and additional Smarties if desired!
For any of my regular readers, you may notice I am posting a day earlier than usual. That’s because I get to join my daughter on her very first field trip tomorrow! So exciting! Thankfully no snow should be in sight unlike on our weekend… Can you please make up your mind, Canada?! Considering everyone thought we would have this atrociously hot spring, I would say it has been the opposite! Though, we do like our cooler temperatures (just not snow in May!)