You know when you come across a recipe and you say to yourself “those look so good, I know I will love them!” But then you never get around to making whatever the recipe is because you are missing an ingredient or two? Well, not only do I have a recipe that can be easily substituted by just about anything you like, but I have a recipe that is so good, so delicious, sooo perfect, that I can see it being adaptable to anyone’s diet/beliefs/taste!
These No-Bake Oatmeal-Honey Balls were so easy, I could have ate the “batter” as is before rolling them into balls. I love how they are no-bake and relatively healthy (depending on what you add to them.) Plus, with so many dietary issues out there these days, this recipe can fitting for just about anyone, which is perfect for parties and potlucks.
You can change this recipe however you see fit! I can see myself trying different concoctions every time I make them, which will be often!
A healthy and nutrient packed no-bake cookie.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 cup large rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I prefer sweetened, but you could use unsweetened for a healthier take!)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Additional mixins:
- Dates, nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc.), figs, marshmallows, corn flakes, brown sugar, coconut oil, shredded apples, extracts, etc.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all your ingredients. If the mixture is too dry, add more wet ingredients such as honey or peanut butter (more of a binding agent.) If the mixture is too wet, add in additional dry ingredients!
- Cover, and place in refrigerator for about an hour (30 minutes was not long enough for me.)
- Measure out "dough" by the tablespoonful and roll into balls.
(Adapted from Smashed Peas and Carrots)
You CANNOT go wrong with these cookies. Seriously, they should be impossible to destroy. Not only that, you can easily substitute out ingredients you do not like with ones you do. There is no way anyone should not enjoy these if made to their liking!
I think rolling them in shredded coconut would be awesome. I might melt some coconut oil next time to use, because it would not only add wonderful flavour, but give you awesome benefits! Plus, it would be a great binding agent when firm. Dan adds coconut oil to his oatmeal in the morning and I must admit, the flavour is fantastic!
Shredded apples or pears are another great idea. You want to be careful with that idea though because you may water down your mixture too much. But this recipe is all about balancing ingredients, so it should be easily fixed if problems show.