I am starting to roll with these breakfast recipes!
But first off, I would like to congratulate Holly W. as the winner to my Little Potato Company giveaway! Congrats! Thank you to all who entered.
Pancakes are probably one of my daughter’s favourite breakfast meals, next to eggs. She is so easy going when it comes to food, I don’t mind making her homemade pancakes whenever I can because I get to experiment with flavours. Of course, adding chocolate just makes us love them more (though Dan could live without!)
Chocolate, banana, and peanut butter pancakes are everything you want and then some! Seriously, look at these things?! Fluffy, chocolate, peanut butter, and a banana hidden in there for added nutrition?! Sign me up! We loved these! I was going to go overboard and top them with a chocolate sauce, but then decided I should try to keep these chocolate, banana, and peanut butter pancakes somewhat healthy. Yeah, healthy…
Homemade pancakes are truly magical, and super easy. Chances are you will have all the basic ingredients on hand, and then you can add whatever you like. We have done so many combinations: Pear Pancakes with Grape Sauce, Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Pancakes, and Toasted Coconut Pancakes. There are also the gluten-free/vegan combinations out there, too, which involves using bananas. Sometimes they are hard to flip, but I like making these “pancakes” when I have an abundance of bananas around. One of my all-time favourite creations involved apple butter: Apple Butter Pancakes. Like I said, endless possibilities!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup mini reese's chocolate chips
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Mix the vinegar and milk together. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. Stir gently.
- Add the vanilla, egg, and coconut oil to the milk mixture. Mix well. In another bowl, mash the banana with the peanut butter. Add to milk mixture. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips and reese's chips.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add some coconut oil or butter to the pan and wait until hot. Measure out 1/4 cup of batter per pancake and add to the pan. When bottom of golden brown, flip pancake and cook until other side is golden brown. When all pancakes are complete, top with maple syrup or chocolate syrup!
Even after listing all those pancake recipes I may still not have convinced some of you to make homemade pancakes. In that case, use a store-bought mix and mix in the chocolate ingredients to amp them up. Takes those boxed pancakes and transforms them into something awesome! But seriously, homemade pancakes are soooooo easy, especially these chocolate, banana, and peanut butter pancakes.