My mother-in-law treated me to the new chocolate Philadelphia cream cheese, and I knew I would be making a dessert with it. Chocolate on my bagels doesn’t sound appealing, as much as I love my chocolate bars! I had this recipe pinned a while ago for cheesecake cookies, and thought this would be the perfect time to try the new cream cheese.
- 4 oz (half a container) chocolate Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 5 graham crackers
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Pour in vanilla and mix well. Sift together flour and salt and add to cream cheese mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Preheat oven 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the topping ingredients into a Ziploc back and crush until the crackers are fine crumbs. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Measure out the dough by the tablespoonful, rolling into balls. Roll the balls into the topping mixture and space evenly apart onto the baking sheet. I found my cookies really didn't lose their shape, so if you want to push the balls down a bit, they will still turn out.
- Place pan into oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until slightly golden.
(Adapted from Pia Recipes)
Fresh out of the oven, these guys were moist and tasty! I was worried that they would harden up as they cooled, but they held onto their moisture pretty well. A co-worker of my husband said the texture reminded him of doughnuts the following day. Not a bad thing, but since I didn’t have the chance to try them the following day, I can’t vouch for the description
When I made these, I had doubled up the graham cracker topping. Way too much! I ended up having to throw out half the mixture, if not more. What I have listed in the ingredients should be the perfect amount. I also was lazy when it came to crushing the crackers, but you know what? The larger pieces of graham cracker on the cookies added a nice crunch, so it is really up to you or not (or whether you are lazy like myself!)